Hyundai Epic Playdate Weekend Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Hyundai Epic Playdate Weekend Sweepstakes ("Promotion") begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 8, 2013 and ends at 12:00:00 AM ET on March 27, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). The computer clock of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), who are 21 years of age or older and who have children between the ages of 3 and 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Federated Media Publishing and Hyundai Motor America and its subsidiaries (the “Sponsor”), Realtime Media LLC (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, participants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Parties, Pinterest and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing (together, “Released Parties”), from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: To participate in the Promotion, you must be registered for Pinterest (you can create an account for free at http://www.pinterest.com. To begin, please visit http://go.rtm.com/HyundaiEpicPlaydate (“Website”), where users will need to register by completely entering their true and correct information on the registration form (required fields include: Full Name, Full Mailing Address, Phone Number, Birth Date, Email Address and Pinterest Username). Upon completion of the registration form, users will then need to follow the Hyundai Pinterest page, found at http://www.pinterest.com/hyundaiusa. Next, users will create a Pinterest board called “Hyundai’s Epic Playdate Weekend”. Users must then pin one (1) of the four (4) promotional images that pertain to their favorite blog or website to the board, along with one (1) image which must be your original photo to which you own all rights. Your photo may not depict the trademark or logo of any third party, and if another person appears in the photo, you first must obtain permission from that person. Upon registering, entrants will have the opportunity to share the Promotion with others. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address throughout the Promotion Period.
By entering, you represent and warrant that all images you pin or otherwise provide are (i) 100% original to you and that you own all rights, including all copyrights, in each image; (ii) you are the only person depicted in each photo and if any other person is depicted, you have obtained all necessary permission to depict such person(s) (and that you will provide documentation of these permissions to Sponsor upon request) and (iii) Sponsor’s use of the images will not violate and applicable laws or the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of any third party.
- PRIZE, DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: Four (4) Potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected in an electronic, randomized drawing conducted on or about March 28, 2013, from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- GRAND PRIZE (4): Four (4) Grand Prize Packages will be awarded. Each grand prize package will consist of a trip for up to four (4) to Los Angeles, CA on April 26, 2013 – April 28, 2013. Prize package includes:
- Round-trip coach air transportation for winner and immediate family (spouse and children only) from a major airport, as determined by Sponsor, near the winner’s home within the continental U.S. to Los Angeles, California
- Two (2) double occupancy standard hotel room for two (2) days/one (1) night
- Accommodations for one night of camping the night of April 27th at Rancho Dos Pueblo in tents provided by Shelter-co
- Ground transportation from hotel to the Epic Playdate Weekend Event at Rancho Dos Pueblos in Santa Barbara.
- Ground Transportation from event to airport
- $270 spending money, paid in the form of an gift card (gift card terms and conditions apply);
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize package is $4,800.00 USD.
Total ARV of all Prizes is $19,200 USD.
Actual prize value depends on the location of the winner’s residence and dates of travel. Travel must be taken during April 26, 2013 – April 28, 2013 or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Travel guests must be the winner’s spouse, age 21 or older, and/or children of the winner, age 3 to 18, Any difference between stated value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for any transportation not specifically noted in these rules. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary from major airport closest to the winner’s residence, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, on the dates specified by Sponsor and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Guests must each fill out Liability/Publicity Release and rights transfer document prior to travel. Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. If winner and guest cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be chosen via a random drawing from all remaining eligible entrants. Any picture identification requirements associated with air travel are the winner and guests’ responsibility. In the event the winner lives within 100 miles from Los Angeles, CA, ground transportation only (not air transportation) will be provided to and from the hotel. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and trip must be taken on a date of the Sponsor’s choosing. Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Released Parties are not responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. The hotel accommodations, airline tickets, and gift card will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. If guest is the child or legal ward of the winner, winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not listed herein as part of the prize including, without limitation, ground transportation (other than that specified above as included in prize), luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of winner.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize Winners will receive prize notification via email and/or phone call, within three (3) business days of the drawing date or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The potential Grand Prize Winners will be sent via email and/or overnight mail an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and an IRS W9 Form. All forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Administrator within three (3) days of date of issuance. Upon verification, the potential winner then and only then becomes the “winner.” If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries for that drawing.
- PRIZE LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per person/per household. Entrants that are discovered during prize verification to have entered, attempted to enter, or used multiple accounts to enter more than the stated limit will be disqualified at the discretion of the Administrator, or will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries made by any means, which subvert the entry process, are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize will only be awarded by Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification of eligibility and final approval by Sponsor. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Promotion, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) in no event will any entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- DISCLAIMER: Promotion Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process. Sponsor also reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel, extend or modify the Promotion and award the prizes for the Promotion from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received (i) as of the date of termination using the judging procedure outlined above and (ii) in a random drawing if for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any events which may cause errors and/or the Promotion to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or cable, satellite, or Internet Service Providers, computer equipment, software or any other failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for computer, mechanical, technical, electronic, network or other errors or problems, including any errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, or in any other Promotion-related materials. The Sponsor and Promotion Parties may stop you from participating in this Promotion if you violate Official Rules or act, in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner Sponsor determines to be undermining the integrity of the Promotion; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be claimed through a computer, hardware, or software malfunction, error or failure, printing error or for any other reason, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than that listed in Section 3.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and Administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of California. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form will be issued to winners receiving a prize valued at $600 or more.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 25, 2013 to: Hyundai Epic Playdate Weekend Sweepstakes Winners List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 40 Morris Ave., Suite 300, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010.
Federated Media Publishing, 72 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Hyundai Motor America, P.O Box 20850, Fountain Valley, CA 92728-0850
Realtime Media LLC, 40 Morris Ave., Suite 300, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010