NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS). DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "Garnier Earthshare Giveaway Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Garnier, Consumer Products Division of L'Oréal USA, Inc., ("Sponsor"), Maybelline New York, Moxie Interactive, Coupons, Inc., Realtime Media, Inc. ("Administrator"), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The "Garnier Earthshare Giveaway Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on April 11, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on May 9, 2011 ("Sweepstakes Period").
3. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes; 1) visit www.garnierusa.com/earthshare during the Sweepstakes Period to vote for your cause of choice (Clean Water, Urban Greening, or Recycling & Sustainability). Then, follow the directions provided to complete the voting form (including email address and date of birth), and click "Submit." You will then be asked to complete the official Sweepstakes entry form (including full name, address, email address and date of birth), and click the enter button to receive one (1) entry. You can earn one (1) additional entry per day by returning to the www.garnierusa.com/earthshare, submitting a vote, and entering your email address and date of birth. 2) To receive one (1) entry without submitting a vote, visit http://go.rtm.com/garnierearthsharegiveaway and follow the directions provided to complete the official entry form (including full name, address, email address and date of birth), and click the enter button. You can earn one (1) additional entry per day by returning to the http://go.rtm.com/garnierearthsharegiveaway and entering your email address and date of birth.
Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other sweepstakes, contest or promotion.
4. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER SELECTION: An electronic randomized drawing will be held on or about May 12, 2011 by Realtime Media, Inc., an independent judging organization, to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner ("Grand Prize Winner") and ten (10) Runner Up Prize Winners ("Runner Up Prize Winners") from all eligible Entries received.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win the Grand Prize Package, which includes: twelve (12) HerbaShine; six (6) Pure Clean Shampoo (regular size13 fl oz); six (6) Pure Clean Conditioner (regular size13 fl oz); and six (6) Pure Clean Smoothing Cream (5.1 fl oz) bottles of product. The ARV of the Grand Prize Package is $176.70.
Ten (10) Runner Up Prize Winners will win the Runner Up Prize Package, which includes: one (1) HerbaShine; one (1) Pure Clean Shampoo (regular size13 fl oz); one (1) Pure Clean Conditioner (regular size13 fl oz); and one (1) Pure Clean Smoothing Cream (5.1 fl oz) bottles of product.. The ARV of the Runner Up Prize Package is $21.46 each.
ARV of all Prizes is: $391.30.
No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prize, transfer or assignment of prize (or portion thereof) permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. The difference between the ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Prizes will only be awarded upon potential winners' confirmation, verification and final approval by Sponsor. Prize Winners will receive prize notification via electronic mail, United States Postal Mail, overnight mail, and/or phone call on or about May 13, 2011. If a Potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted; is ineligible; if the Prize Notification is returned undeliverable; or if a Potential Prize Winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner as selected by the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities.
All decisions of the Sponsor shall be binding and final. The Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Sweepstakes caused by circumstance or other unforeseen events outside of the control of the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. In no event will more than one (1) Grand Prize Package and ten (10) Runner Up Prize Packages as listed above be awarded.
Any portion of a prize not accepted by a Prize Winner will be forfeited. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants grant the Sweepstakes Entities the right to use and publish winner's proper name, image, likeness and State of residence online in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities and its affiliates to use winner's name, image and likeness, or take photographs or video, solely for advertising and promotional purposes as the Promotion Entities so determine without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All decisions of the Administrator shall be binding and final. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of Entry. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of Entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry. If, in Sponsor's sole determination, a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
7. DISQUALIFICATION: Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities, and the respective officers, directors and employees of each, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, delayed, undelivered, misdirected, or garbled entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of the prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsor's and the Sweepstakes Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winners, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to any fraud, virus, technical problem, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or Sweepstakes Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event) or any other technical problem that corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
9. TAX INFORMATION: All applicable federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winners.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
13. WINNERS' LIST: To receive the list of Prize Winners, available after May 16, 2011, send a #10 self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 15, 2011 to: "Garnier Earthshare Giveaway Sweepstakes" Winners List Request, C/O Realtime Media, 1060 First Ave, Ste 201, King of Prussia, PA 19406.
Sponsor: Garnier, Consumer Products Division of L'Oreal USA, Inc., 575 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Administrator: Realtime Media, Inc., 1060 First Avenue, Suite 201, King of Prussia, PA 19406